From the first glimpse of its striking
architecture, the Museum of Old and New Art
(MONA) will inevitably heighten not only the
visual senses but also challenge the psyche.
Anticipation of what lies beyond
unleashes equal admiration of the extremes
in thought provoking exhibits that can only be
articulated by persuasive art.
Be prepared to experience the heavenly,
the controversial and the enthralling nature
that constitutes the foundation of this
- Take a scenic cruise from Sullivans Cove along the Derwent River
- A visual display of complex structures greet you on approach to the museum's entrance
- Admire the fascinating architecture
- MONA - owned by entrepeneur David Walsh, it is Australia’s largest private collection of art and artefacts
- Wander through ancient, modern and contemporary art
- Complimentary use of ‘The O’ - a handheld touch screen device assists with learning about the exhibits or listening to interviews with artists
- Record your visit on ‘The O’ and email it
- Perhaps enjoy a delicious meal at The Source Restaurant, Museum café or wine bar (own expense)
- Return to Brooke Street Pier in Hobart by coach or ferry.
*** No hotel drop-off available after tour.