Explore the World Heritage-listed Blue Mountains. Crisp, clean, mountain top air with distant blue haze horizons overlooking deep ravines with rainforest carpeting the valley floor. Waterfalls, sleepy hamlets and the rich warm smell of the Australian bush make this a very special place for every visitor.
Your day in the Blue Mountains will include ample time and photo opportunities at The Three Sisters, Scenic World and Leura. Upon your return to Sydney we visit Featherdale Wildlife Park to meet Australia's local animals. Finish off your memorable day with a river cruise down the Parramatta River.
- Cross the iconic Sydney Harbour Bridge
- Climb into the mountains via the sleepy hamlets of Blaxland, Leura, Wentworth Falls and Lawson
- See Katoomba – the regional capital of the Blue Mountains
- Enjoy breathtaking views over the Jamison Valley
- Discover the quaint mountain village of Leura - free time to wander the streets
- Visit Scenic World where you will have the opportunity and plenty of time to enjoy the rides (own expense)
- You can ride the steepest incline Railway in the world down to a lush and hidden valley below. Or gently ascend on the Cableway taking in panoramic views and ride on the Skyway which glides between cliff tops 270 metres above ancient ravines and the rainforest canopy
- Walk on the valley floor boardwalk under a canopy of tall tree ferns
- Enjoy lunch at the Eats 270 dining venue area at Scenic World overlooking the Three Sisters & Jamison Valley (own expense)
- Stop at Echo Point and see the famous Three Sisters rock formation up close
- The opportunity to meet an Aboriginal Elder and visit the Waradah Aboriginal Centre and celebrate Aboriginal song, dance, didgeridoo and culture (own expense)
- Enjoy an afternoon encounter at Featherdale Wildlife Park - one of Australia’s largest private collections of native animals and birdlife
- Hand feed kangaroos, wallabies and emus and watch out for the crocodile!
- Have your photo taken with a cuddly koala at Featherdale (use your own camera and it's FREE!)
- Pass Homebush Bay - the 2000 Olympic Games site. See the stadiums and facilities of the millennium Olympics
- Finish the day with a relaxing cruise down the Parramatta River to Sydney Harbour. Tour will conclude at either King Street Wharf in Darling Harbour or at Circular Quay.