Highlights:Visit Boston (Boston Harbor Cruise, Boston Lobster Meal, Harvard University), New Haven, New York (Intrepid Sea, Air, and Space Museum, One World Trade Center, Statue of Liberty Cruise), Niagara Falls (Maid of the Mist, Cave of the Winds), Philadelphia, Washington, DC. Inclusions: Roundtrip airport transfer, 5 nights hotel accomodations, Transportation via air-conditioned vehicle
Special Offer: Free upgrade to deluxe hotel
Exclusive inside tour of the Capitol Hill and Library of Congress
Visit One World Observatory and take a 360-degree view of Manhattan
Guaranteed 100% tour confirmation; Refund 120% of the price if cancelled
Have a TakeTours account?
Please sign in to post your review and earn 100 Loyalty Points.
Be ready to wake up early and on time. Tour was great overall but it becomes expensive, doing all the activities and purchasing food. If you do plan to go on a particular site book through the bus tou... More>>
I will recommend this tour. Tour in philadelphia could have been more in depth.
Our tour guide Mark was amazing. Very helpful and we learned a lot from him about all these historic sites, buildings and statues. My family had a wonderful vacation. I told my friends to try take tou... More>>
Be ready to wake up early and on time. Tour was great overall but it becomes expensive, doing all the activities and purchasing food. If you do plan to go on a particular site book through the bus tour as they get cheaper deals. I wish the hotels were better and provided breakfast.
Our tour guide Mark was amazing. Very helpful and we learned a lot from him about all these historic sites, buildings and statues. My family had a wonderful vacation. I told my friends to try take tours. Thank you.
Day 1: NYC, NY * Manhattan in depth - No, you have the day to explore NYC in your own time but youâll have to find your way back to the hotel in NJ that is what I did. * Night tour - No.
Day 2: NYC, NY * One World Trade Center - Yes, but not worth it because you donât get to step out on a balcony or anything. * Statue of liberty - No, didnât have time for this *Intrepid museum - No, instead we walked to the Brooklyn Bridge (15 mins away). *Metropolitan museum - No, walked around Central park and around the museum instead.
Day 3: Philadelphia, PA and DC * Double decker city bus - Yes, but it started raining after. DC in depth - Yes, not that long or worth the money, DONâT DO THIS. *Madam tussauds - No, just shopped at the nearby stores.
* DC cruise - No, tour guide said not worth it so we didnât go there at all.
Day 4: Niagara * Niagara IMAX - No. * Maid of the mist - Yes, highly recommend this attraction. * Cave of the winds - Yes, you visit various âislandsâ/spots that view Niagara. It was okay, but if you donât go youâll be waiting a while. * Touch the falls - Yes, be prepared to get soaked from head to toe but it was a really good experience.
Day 5: Boston, MA * Harvard university - No, but you can get in for free and explore the campus on your own.
* Freedom trail - No. * Boston lobster meal - Yes, BUT this is simply not worth the price. Mediocre Chinese food and plain boiled lobsters. No one else was at the restaurant when we went. I would recommend eating elsewhere on your own.
Day 6: Boston, MA * Cruise - Yes, but it was extremely foggy the day I went. I couldnât see anything so it was a waste of money.
Overall, the tour was okay I felt like most of the attractions werenât worth the money. I would give this tour a 2-3 out of 5 stars, I would not go on this tour again. My favorite day out of the whole tour was visiting Niagara Falls. Be prepared to eat a lot of fast food on this tour because that is the quickest and most convenient option available during the tour. You will be on the tour bus for most of your trip and the âdeluxeâ hotels arenât really that great. One of he hotels, the Radison, had cockroaches in the fridge and a bunch of flies flying around in the room. On the first day of the tour, the tour guide asks for money to cover all of the attractions for day 2 and 3, but remember that each attraction is OPTIONAL so donât feel obligated to pay for everything, do research ahead of time. The tour guide asks for around $200-300/PER PERSON every other day so be prepared to pay or say no. The tour also charges an additional $10 service fee/per person for each day of the tour. If you donât participate in the attractions the tour guide will tell you when to meet back at the bus and you have time to explore on your own and save money, I would recommend doing this!
Ivan is smart, assertive, accommodating, organized, so responsible, fairly treats everyone, and very knowledgeable. I enjoyed the trip and I learned a lot. I've been in some tours both in North America and Europe, and I'd say Ivan is one of the best. I hope in my future tour my tour guide would be like him.
Day1: NYC, NY
* manhattan in depth - NO (you will cover the same place in night tour. after a long journey, you will not enjoy it either immediately.)
* Night tour - MUST ( go for it. you will see times square under the lights and nyc from new jersey observatory.)
Day2: NYC, NY
* oneworldtradecenter - YES
* statue of liberty - NO (remember you dont get a chance to touch the statue or see from near although that is possible. so, if you are happy watching from far away distance, then better to drop the cruise )
*Interpid museum - YES
*Metropolitan museum - YES ( biggest museum in the world, any questions still ? )
*Central park - YES, free
* WAll Street - YES, free ( nothing special, you will take pics with charging bull statue, open in the road, and you will see people busy walking to their office. )
* Trinity Church - YES
* Charging bull - YES, free ( not a separate spot, it is in the wall street itself, so not a different spot remember.
* times square - YES, free ( you will be taken to times square and left for 30 mins ) - But nothing could compensate the night tour on the previous day when you are left on the same spot along with few more observations.its a great feeling even if you watch it again. niagara and times square are the top 2 spots in the entire trip. so dont miss it.
Day3: philadephia, PA and DC)
* Independence historic park - you will not visit this.
* independence hall - you will not visit this explicitly.
* liberty bell - you will not visit this explicitly.
* double decker citi bus - MUST ( this bus trip is really good, it covers the city as much as possible and you will get a good view of the city from the bus top ) after the bus trip, you will asked to visit the independence hall and the liberty bell on your own as they are adjacent buildings.
* DC in depth - YES ( video presentation and then a guided tour in the capitol hill. no photo stop in the library of congress, or supreme court or the pentagon. if you have cruise planned then you can take a photo of the pentagon. )
* madam tussauds - YES ( but not the best. there are several madam tussauds museum in the country. but if this is your first time experience, then go for it. )
* White house - YES, free ( you walk to the spot and take pictures from far view )
* Lincoln memorial - YES, free
* korean war memorial - YES, free ( if you have time and can walk the park )
* vietnam war memorial - YES, free ( if you have time and can walk the park )
* DC cruise - YES ( they will show some important buildings in the cruise, the best part is you will get a view of the pentagon building. although the itinerary does not show optional tour, this boat ride is optional with money to be paid.)
Day4: Niagara, NY
* Niagara imax - NO ( you may find this video to watch online or similar )
* Maid of the mist - MUST
* cave of the winds - MUST MUST
* touch the falls - once you complete cave of the winds, you will be left on your own to spend the rest of the time to visit these two islands. it matters if you have energy to walk around. you don't touch anything here.
Day5: Boston, MA
* HAvard university - YES, free ( the entry is free. so if you dont need the in depth tour then you can walk on your own and visit the univ and spend some time )
* havard in depth - YES, ( guided, a person will be talking about the univ and explain each and every building. nothing special, you can leave it if you want to. you can learn from the internet on your own if you take pictures )
* MIT - YES ( if your tour guide stops ) once upon a time they allowed inside but not anymore. all you do is take picture of the univ from outside. nowadays, your tour guide does not even stop and simply shows you from the bus.
* Freedom trail - NO NO ( strictly no. this is very important part of history but trust me, the streets are noisy with vehicles and other construction if any. So, you cant listen to what your tour guide is speaking. not worth spending here. you will visit 3-4 spots and hear history on the road )
* Boston lobster meal - NO ( nothing special to spend 30$, boston is expensive city, but if you are a crab lover, then go for it. you will dine inside one of the small shop or you can take your meal and sit in the common place of the food court. not a restaurant, a small kiosk in the food court )
* Boston common - you will see the buildings from the bus.
* public library - This is actually on the next day. you will get a chance to see this only if you are on a in depth tour. so that you can go on your own. if you are leaving back to new york on your return flight, then may be not.
* Trinity church - This is actually on the next day. church is not free to visit here. you need to pay. so technically you can only take pics from outside.
Day 6: Boston, MA
* Cruise - YES ( This is only thing you can do on last day of your trip in boston. so dont waste your day )
* in depth tour / YALE univ - you can do tour boston until 3pm only if you have your return flight from boston, otherwise, you can vist yale univ on your way back to your return flight from new york. almost everyone leaves back to NYC from where they landed. but if you have booked one way return from boston, then you get a chance to visit the church from outside and then enter boston public library which is free and also the boston memorial which is also free. ( i was the only one to further visit boston so, i could chose the spots )
on the other hand, you get to visit yale university if you go back to new york for return flight . they may drop this spot if time does not permit as it is the day of flights. so no one want to take chances.
Great tour!!! Big apple NYC, birthplace Philly, magnificent Capital hall, breathtaking view Niagara Falls....etc., all covered in 6days. Not mention about nice and knowledgeable tour guide. I recommend!
Our tour guide Layla was impressive, knowledgeable and articulate bilingual. Tour was fast but systematic. we were able to see a lot awesome places. Lot of memories. Timmy our driver was very commendable too. Love the tour!!
Niagara Falls was amazing, we took almost all attractions there, very exciting and fun. In order to have more time to feel it, we chose to Niagara Falls Scenic Hotel that night, it's very close to the views. Maid of the Mist and Cave of the Winds are worth them! Recommend!
Thank you for your intimate service so much! Our flight delayed about 2 hours,arrived about 11:50pm, and we spent much time getting our luggage, it's quite late when we met driver Jonny,he had been waiting us for a long time. He is so patient and drive well and help us check in the hotel. So much thanks from us, we will choose your company next time and recommend you to my friends.
Wall Street was so popular, every wanted to touch the bronze bull and take photos. Statue of Liberty Cruise is pretty good, I really enjoy the broad vision and beautiful view. TG Sammy is friendly and warmhearted, gave us some advise about the attractions according to our time and interest. Thank you!
This has been an excellent trip, especially the tour leader Bert Pan ran it in a very professional and organised way, making it comfortable for everyone in the bus. He was very friendly, helpful and explained about places/location very well what ever he showed us, We would highly recommend this trip to anyone who wants to see east coast.
Thanks a lot:-)
What a wonderful experience!Our first trip to the US and also it was our first trip with take tours, you guys lived up to our expectations.It was wonderfully organized trip. Never mind the long,tiring and fast phased travel each day.It was indeed enjoyable.We enjoyed the hotel hopping experienced.The rooms was more than adequate. A shout out also to our tour guide Jojo,she did a wonderful job of sharing her knowledge, was helpful and entertaining.We will never forget this trip!and will definitely do it again.
Would like to ask questions, tried calling.
Do we need to sign up for optional trips, is there time for these? Taking an 80 year old lady in fair health, is it strenuous?
Do you help with advice as to flights and arrival times, departures?
This price is for 2 and 2 Free? Side trips expense of ?
Tour guide Ray Yim is seasoned in leading tour group. The proper arrangement of time and tourist attractions, reflecting a professional standard, not only saves us a lot of queuing time, but also allows us to enjoy the culture and scenery of the United States more. Thank you very much. I would like to recommend you and your travel agency to my friend.
Thank you very much for being accompanied by your professional and patient tour guide Ray Yim. We had a very pleasant trip! The organization of each project is reasonable and orderly, so that we can have a better travel experience in a limited time; Ray is considerate to meet the needs of us as much as possible, and so humorous that my son likes you very much. My friend plans to travel to the east of the United States in June, I would like to recommend you as an excellent tour guide! The driver is also very good.
I spent some time with my family, everything was perfect, our guide Sammy was very friendly and all our bus companions were well behaved. They complied with everything stipulated, the hotels very good and in general everything was perfect.
The whole itinerary is both informative and fun. The tour guide ,RAY YIM ,made our tour enjoyable. Every activity is on time, all promised itinerary is followed. Although the group members are composed of Chinese, Filipinos and Colombians, we did not ha ve language problem. All the narratives and bits of history is explained in both Chinese and English. We'll definitely recommend this tour and your company to our clients.
Thank you for your service, we all had so much fun in these days. Thank you for your hard working, we can tell that you try your best to answer all the questions that we have and give us deep memory in the tour, we will come again.
Although the schedule is hectic, that is the only way one can cover all the cities mentioned- NYC, Philadelphia, Washington, Niagara, Boston. Quality of rooms (deluxe category) were amazingly comfortable. Efficient and friendly tour guide.
Tour is really good and the tour guide did really nice job to bring everyone on time and get all the things covered as mentioned in itenary. We able to stay in very nice hotels and bus also not bad with wifi and charging slots for each seat . Overall Experience is quite good.
everything was great about this tour.. but what stand out the most was the guide.. Sophie was incredibly charismatic and fun to listen.. everything was arranged and well planned.. I totally recommend this tour.
In these 6 days, we not only learn about America, but also the other countries. While tour guide is a cyclist around the world.He knows a lot and share with us his story when he ride the bike. that all made the trip fanny and relax. thanks JONATHAN
Before the tour started I read alot of review.The tour is fun and hassle-free. Nevermind the early wake up call and long hour travel because it is understandable we are crossing from one city to another city.
It's pretty good exprience to participate in this trip. we first arrived in New York. visited many attractions in the shortest time and it's pretty classic travel rout e. And our tour guide, Sophia Liu, a really nice woman, can speak both Chinese and English fluently. As a foreigner, I don't know too much about American history. She helps us to understand American culture and history during this trip.thanks
6-day East Coast tour is a nice experience. All places of interest in itinerary is gone through completely. Hotels booked during the tour is good and exceptionally clean, especially those in Niagara Fall and Boston. The local tour guide is funny, careful, friendly and good English-speaking. The driver drives safely and carefully, always on time for the next destination. Some optional tours is good, some can be skipped to save money up to your own interest. Highly recommend to book for lunch or dinner the tour guide arranges as it is delicious, cheap and wide choice of food (buffet). the tour guide did a good job in giving information and instructions bilingually.
About the food and attraction fees it is optional so it will be up to you if you will join. If you are Asian or like Asian food you should not missed the buffet dinner. Ricky Lang, our guide, is very helpful and accommodating. Overall, I highly recommend this tour. Worth the money we spent.
Tour itenary is well planned and executed...Tour guide Patrick is awesome...NYC trip is really good... the only negative thing is bus... it is not cleaned and we experienced bad smell...The transportation team can make arrangements to clean the bus...
Good follow-up upon special request of last minute changing of my pick up location. They ease my trouble and help my disastrous situation of having to wait for luggage in a specific place. Most your operator will simply give you a "no". They understand that tourists depend on them after leaving home.
Special mention to be made of Mr Jonathan, the tour guide who made it possible with his superb knowledge and background information on each and every place, his commentary interspersed with humour and focus on tourists. He made the tour memorable and wish to have a guide like him always! The journey was very comfortable, Allan was so considerate and polite that he one could always think of travel by bus. One could relax and read in the bus like a train journey! In summary thanks to the team!
Its a wonderful package for the fresh travellers but it still have few things to improve just to encourage the travellers to take the package again. Overall, I recommend this tour to the first time travellers in USA.
This was my first booking. As usual, I was a little concerned a couple of days before the trip. But, all the worries went away when I saw a person at the airport waiting for us with our nametag. The way he talked to us and took care of us set an amazing mood from the start. And indeed, that was reflected for next 6 days with each person
We have a nice experience with your agency, so strongly could be recommended to all who want to choose it for their holiday. Our guide RAY was a kindly, helpful and pleasant man. Many thanks for the arrangement of this tour.
Our tour guide Mario was very caring and informative, spoke both English and Chinese. He got quite familiar with each places we visited, that saved a lot of time for us. The hotels were clean and comfortable, better than we\'ve expected. It inerary a little tight, but got enough time to stay at each place so don\'t need to worry.
This is wonderful package. Covered all major east coast cities and states. Moreover, one of the best tour guide (Mr.Bird).I am only person in this group can't communicate in Chinese but the tour guide (Mr.Bird) he take care me very well. I really appreciated for that.
To all the travelers lovers all over the glob , this trip is the cheapest & amazing choice you can make , you can see it all during 6 days . the mountains , old cities , new cities , water falls which amazing to see .
Cloris Huang was an amazing tour guide. She planned the trip and controlled time for each attraction perfectly. She was very attentive, knowledgeable, and organized. Kudos to her for being able to drive hundred miles per day yet still being very patient and excited to share her knowledge about each attraction. Thanks to you, Cloris, we had an amazing time during this trip. Wish you all the best!
I really recommend this tour. It was fun and enjoyable. Our tour guide Sam and driver was really good and accommodating. We had a wonderful time with this tour and covered most of the East Coasts. Thanks Sam....
I booked this tour for my parents, and they love it! They like the arrangement of this tour, it is not a very tight schedule as many tour packs. I paid for the deluxe hotels bc I want them to be as comfortable as possible. I think it is worth the money considering they traveled for a week.
This was an awesome package. Covered all major east coast cities and states. Moreover, one of the best tour guide (Mr. Bin Lei). Token of thanks for him from our end as his efforts in explaining twice once in Chinese and repeating it in English. He gave everyone all the support through out the tour. He is a trustworthy and honest tour guide. Please send this message/feedback to Mr. Bin Lei.
Thanks Take tours and Mr. Bin Lei, my family enjoyed a lot through out the tour especially kids in Niagara :)
Highly recommend this tour. This is my first time with taketours. Edison Sun is our tour guide. Thank you very much Edison for your great jobs, and being so patience, well organized, creative. Thanks for translating back and forth in English and Chinese. We enjoys all attractions. We wish you bests for your career.
Our family, including my mother, two boys 8 and 10 years old,took this East Coast tour from 7/11 to 7/16. In a short time, we discovered so much about East Coast. Edison Sun is our tour guide. Awesome jobs, Edison! He is knowledgeable, attentive, patience, experience, impaccable organized. Because of Edison we gave all five stars for all rating. We like the quality hotel choices of this tour as well. Foods : Edison chose good choices for international buffets, Chinese dining, Boston lobster meal. For this iternary, we think those are best choices for all of us considering short time, multi-destinations and actually good pricing. Thank you, Edison!
In a very short time you discover almost all east coast. That's why I prefer this tour every year. They are doing really good. Especially this year all hotels were number one. Our guide Edison was also so nice and he became very popular amond our students.
Highly recommended tour. We get to visit most of the great tourist attractions in the East Coast in a short span of time. We also give credit to our wonderful tour guide (Mr. Steven Wang) for his patience and knowledge showing us these places. We look forward to more tours with TakeTours
thank you for taking my family and i all around the past and bring a great tour guides, really appreciate you translating back and forth from English to mandarin,even though we are the only English family. you are always so patient and nice to make everyone feel comfortable around you. you have been my favorite guide, so far. keep going what you are doing.
Thank you to sherry for all the effort and extra help to make our first trip to the states pleasant. we had the opportunity to spend a whole day on the first day visiting the Intrepid. thank you also for always being physically present in places where we could need help and directions.
the trip was a fantastic one: we were able to visit many famous attractions and different states. mr ray was friendly,dedicated and knowledgeable tour guide. we were totally satisfied with his service and the bus driver. we would like to say than you to mr ray and the bus driver for providing us wonderful trip. we are looking forward to meeting you again in the future.
sherry is well organized, able to get us the admission tickets at each attractions and hold rooms at efficient pace. she is also flexible and innovative when it comes to reshuffling the itineraries due to the timing issues to enable the coverage of planned itineraries.
yet, I still want to thank you for your responsible attitude and lot of knowledge. as a student who lives in Taiwan, an island which is lack of interact with the world, this is the first time I tour to North America. Those tourist attactions I've saw on the text bools and on TVs,really showed themselves in front of me. Thank to your knowleges, I can know more about their stories behind them. Thank you, may god bless with you
kenny is a very responsible tour guide and guide us perfectly during the entire trip, he remind us on the gather time to make sure everything in order and advise us when we have requests. Thank you Kenny for everything, also help us take a lot of nice photos. thank you so much.
This was a great trip across the best east coast destinations. The itinerary was perfect but some places we reached very late and got less time to roam around. Suggesting tour guide to be more friendly with English speaking passengers.